Jack O'Quin wrote: > Looked at this way, there really is no question. The new scheduler > prototypes are falling short significantly. Could this be due to > their lack of priority distinctions between realtime threads? Maybe. > I can't say for sure. I'll be interested to see what happens when Con > is ready for me to try his new priority-based SCHED_ISO prototype. There are two things that the SCHED_ISO you tried is not that SCHED_FIFO is - As you mentioned there is no priority support, and it is RR, not FIFO. I am not sure whether it is one and or the other responsible. Both can be added to SCHED_ISO. I haven't looked at jackd code but it should be trivial to change SCHED_FIFO to SCHED_RR to see if RR with priority support is enough or not. Second the patch I sent you is fine for testing; I was hoping you would try it. What you can't do with it is spawn lots of userspace apps safely SCHED_ISO with it - it will crash, but it not take down your hard disk. I've had significantly better results with that patch so far. Then we cn take it from there. Cheers, Con