Matthew Wilcox wrote: > On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 11:35:05AM -0600, Brian King wrote: > >>>If we've done a write to config space while the adapter was blocked, >>>shouldn't we replay those accesses at this point? >> >>I did not think that was necessary. > > > We have to do *something*. We can't just throw away writes. > > I see a few options: > > - Log all pending writes to config space and replay the log when the > device is unblocked. > - Fail writes to config space while the device is blocked. > - Write to the saved config space and then blat the saved config space > back to the device upon unblocking. Here is an updated patch which will now fail writes to config space while the device is blocked. I have also fixed up the caching to return the correct data and tested it on both little endian and big endian machines. -- Brian King eServer Storage I/O IBM Linux Technology Center