Ingo Molnar wrote: > * K.R. Foley wrote: > > >>Having problems with -RT-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-33 booting on my older SMP >>system (dual 933). Looking at the log apic.log it indicates a problem >>with APIC. noapic.log is a log when I add "noapic" to the boot >>parameters. > > > could you uncomment the IO_APIC_CACHE define in > arch/i386/kernel/io_apic.c, and could you uncomment line 1109 in > drivers/ide/ide-io.c - does this fix things? (in apic mode) > > Ingo > Couple of things: 1) I could not find IO_APIC_CACHE anywhere. I could find IOAPIC_CACHE but the define was not commented in io_apic.c. Also the BUG_ON at line 1109 in ide-io.c was not commented out either. So I made the mental leap that you actually meant to comment these out instead of uncomment them??? That works to get the system booted. Although I am getting many soft lockups now, minutes after the boot. Log attached. 2) In my infinite wisdom before :-) I failed to attach my config as I should have done before. Also, commenting out -- kr