From: Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>
To: Marc Plumb <lkml.mplumb@gmail.com>, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>,
	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: Amit Klein <aksecurity@gmail.com>, George Spelvin <lkml@sdf.org>,
	Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>,
	"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>,
	Andy Lutomirski <luto@kernel.org>,
	Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org>,
	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>, Florian Westphal <fw@strlen.de>,
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] prandom32 changes for v5.10
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 14:20:12 -0700	[thread overview]

On Wed, 2020-10-21 at 13:52 -0700, Marc Plumb wrote:
> As one of the participants, I mostly backed off when Spelvin seemed to
> be more aggressively driving a secure solution.

While secure solutions are useful, I really wonder if
"George Spelvin" is a real person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Spelvin

_If_ "George Spelvin" is a pseudonym, (apologies if it is not),
should anything with that signature be added to the kernel?

The Developer's Certificate of Origin says that no pseudonyms
are allowed.

---

Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:

        (a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
            have the right to submit it under the open source license
            indicated in the file; or

        (b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
            of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
            license and I have the right under that license to submit that
            work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part
            by me, under the same open source license (unless I am
            permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated
            in the file; or

        (c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other
            person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified
            it.

        (d) I understand and agree that this project and the contribution
            are public and that a record of the contribution (including all
            personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is
            maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with
            this project or the open source license(s) involved.

then you just add a line saying::

	Signed-off-by: Random J Developer <random@developer.example.org>

using your real name (sorry, no pseudonyms or anonymous contributions.)
This will be done for you automatically if you use ``git commit -s``.