The 64-bit conversion routine to convert 64-bit nsec time to a time spec. gives an unnormalized result if the value being converted is negative. I think there are two ways to go about fixing this. Most systems will give a negative remainder and so need to just normalize. On the other hand, some systems will use div64 to do the division and, I think, it expects unsigned numbers. The attached patch uses the conservative approach of expecting the div to be set up for unsigned numbers. I came accross this when one of my tests set a time near 1 Jan 1970, i.e. it is a real problem. -- George Anzinger george@mvista.com HRT (High-res-timers): http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/