Max Waterman wrote: > Hi, > > I've been referred to this list from the linux-raid list. > > I've been playing with a RAID system, trying to obtain best bandwidth > from it. > > I've noticed that I consistently get better (read) numbers from kernel > 2.6.8 > than from later kernels. To open the bottlenecks, the following works well. Jens will shoot me for recommending this, but it works well. 2.6.9 so far has the highest numbers with this fix. You can manually putz around with these numbers, but they are an artificial constraint if you are using RAID technology that caches ad elevators requests and consolidates them. Jeff