Answering to the suggestion of Randy, here come the patches already corrected. This patches concern the update for Minix V3 support for both kernels 2.6.x.y and 2.4.x. Attached as text files "V3_2dot6_patch.txt" and "V3_2dot4_patch.txt" are the corrected versions of my first post dated January 19. As I wrote there... The modifications I have made to the preexistent code have been four: 1.- The layout of the superblock variables is different in version V3. 2.- Disable writings to "s_state" because it has been droped out from the superblock, and its former address is now used by another parameter. 3.- Change the references to the constant "BLOCK_SIZE" to the variables "s_blocksize" or "b_size", so allowing for multiple size blocks. 4.- Introduce the new structure "minix3_dir_entry" to cope with the 4 byte pointers employed in the new directory entries of 64 bytes.