Hi Marcelo, This is a copy of my previous message wrongly sent to your old address. I am sorry. After 2 revisions incorporating the suggestions made by Pekka, here I attach as a text file "v3_2dot4_diff.txt" my patch for minix-fs version 3 support. I first posted it in comp.os.minix in January 11. I have no received feedback at all. Can we trust the saying "no news, good news"?... I have sent the same patch for 2.6 kernels to Andrew today. The present one is a port or adaptation of the 2.6 one, which was the first that I started, to the 2.4 peculiarities. The modifications I have made to the preexistent code have been four: 1.- The layout of the superblock variables is different in version V3. Suggested by Pekka, the structure minix3_super_block has been introduced. 2.- Disable writings to "s_state" because it has been droped out from the superblock, and its former address is now used by another parameter. 3.- Change the references to the constant "BLOCK_SIZE" to the variables "s_blocksize" or "b_size", so allowing for multiple block sizes. 4.- Introduce the new structure "minix3_dir_entry" to employ 60 characters long names in the new directory entries of 64 bytes. Signed-off-by: Daniel Aragones