Hi, Alasdair G Kergon wrote: > The global _hash_lock should not be held (thereby locking out most dm ioctl > operations on any device) while the slow populate_table() runs. > > I'm trying out a variant of the patch that drops and reacquires that lock. OK, thanks for the confirmation. I guess the variant itself will need dm_get() to avoid md being stolen. Depending on that, I might change my patch. Attached is a revised patch based on Mike Anderson's patch. -- Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Solutions (America), Inc.