Hello Greg, >>>>+/* This is a mere directory in sysfs. No methods are needed. */ >>>>+static struct kobj_type bd_holder_ktype = { >>>>+ .release = NULL, >>>>+ .sysfs_ops = NULL, >>>>+ .default_attrs = NULL, >>>>+}; >>> >>>That doesn't look right. You always need a release function. I updated the patch based your comments. Could you take a look at this version whether there's any problematic use of sysfs/kobjects? - I removed embedded child-kobjects from struct block_device and struct gendisk which I added in my previous patch. Kobject registration occurs when gendisk or hd_struct is registered. Release function of the kobject type is added. - Reference counting of kobjects is done in much symmetric manner than before. - Added bd_claim_by_disk/bd_release_from_disk inline functions to help proper reference counting. Thanks, -- Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Solutions (America), Inc.