Dave Jones wrote: > Eeek! page_mapcount(page) went negative! (-2) Hmm, probably happened once before, too. > page->flags = 404 What's that? PG_referenced|PG_reserved? So I'd say it is likely that some driver has got its refcounting wrong. Unfortunately, this debugging output is almost useless when it comes to trying to track down the problem any further. And I see we've got another report for 2.6.19.1 from Chris, which is equally vague. IMO the pattern is much too consistent to be able to attribute them all to hardware problems. And considering it takes so long for these things to appear, can we get something like the attached patch upstream at least until we manage to stamp them out? Any other debugging info we can add? -- SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.