Ingo Molnar wrote: > Subject: [patch] paravirt: isolate module ops > From: Ingo Molnar > > only export those operations to modules that have been available to them > historically: irq disable/enable, io-delay, udelay, etc. > > this isolates that functionality from other paravirtualization > functionality that modules have no business messing with. > > boot and build tested with CONFIG_PARAVIRT=y. > I would suggest a slightly different carving. For one, no TLB flushes. If you can't modify PTEs, why do you need to have TLB flushes? And I would allow CR0 read / write for code which saves and restores FPU state - possibly even debug register access, although any code which touches DRs could be doing something sneaky. I'm on the fence about that one. Here is a partially tested patch against the -mm tree. Let me know what you think of this slightly different approach.