So I've watched Linus' Google Tech Talk about git and let him convince me that I've been stupid to use CVS, that Subversion is even worse, and the only sensible approach is to use git. Went ahead and tried to convert my driver development to git. It didn't work too well. The first result was one of maximal embarrassment: I produced a patch that didn't even compile when applied to the official tree. This shouldn't happen with git, right? Well, it did. So now I'm back to keeping a virgin kernel source tree alongside my development area in order to produce diffs. That can't be right? Obviously I'm still being stupid. (Probably an aftereffect of using CVS for too long.) But where do I turn for guidance? I read all the docs and READMEs I could find, but I still don't understand why GIT doesn't produce the results I need, and what to do differently. Does somebody have a step by step tutorial for doing the standard "edit - test - modify - retest - submit - edit - resubmit" sequence with GIT? Is there a GIT newsgroup or mailinglist? Or should I just post my silly questions to LKML? TIA -- Tilman Schmidt E-Mail: tilman@imap.cc Bonn, Germany Diese Nachricht besteht zu 100% aus wiederverwerteten Bits. Ungeöffnet mindestens haltbar bis: (siehe Rückseite)