Tejun Heo wrote: > Tomas Carnecky wrote: >> I kindof had suspected that. The docking station has an ultrabay slot >> where I currently have a cdrom drive (since the notebook itself doesn't >> have any cdrom drive. Once I took the cdrom drive out, I was able to >> successfully perform what I wanted to do in points 3a and 5! >> >> The 'undock' button probably doesn't tell the kernel that it should >> unload the cdrom driver. Even though after pressing the undock button >> the drive becomes unusable (the green led that is on the side of the >> ultrabay disables and it's impossible to open the tray). Though pressing >> the undock button causes the usb ports to be removed from the kernel, at >> least that's what dmesg suggests (I put the notebook into the dock, >> waited a bit and then pressed the undock button): > > That undock button generate an ACPI event, right? You probably need > to hook that ACPI event such that something like the following gets > executed. > > echo 1 > /sys/device/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.1/host?/target?:?:?:?/?:?:?:?/delete" I tried experimenting with echoing to [pci]/delete or [acpi]/undock and various combinations but no luck. >> The notebook+dock+STR works as long as the notebook doesn't know about >> the ultrabay device. That can be because the notebook was started >> outside of the docking station, or inside the docking station but with >> the ultrabay removed. But once the notebook sees the ultrabay device >> it's over. As little as one suspend/resume cycle inside the docking >> station and with a ultrabay device plugged in is enough to make the >> kernel (partially) recognize the device - the kernel doesn't recognize >> the device as a cdrom drive, but only as an UDMA/33 device. After one >> suspend/resume cycle I see this in dmesg: > > Do you have sr_mod loaded? Compiled into the kernel. > Can you please post... > > * full boot log with the ultra bay occupied. > > * the result of "hdparm -I /dev/sr0" with the ultra bay occupied. > > * the result of "lspci -nnvvv" with the ultra bay occupied. > > * full boot log without docking station. > > * the result of "lspci -nnvvv" without docking station. attached tom