Good day. Would some people on x86 (both 32 and 64) be kind enough to compile and run the attached program? This is about testing how long I/O port access to port 0x80 takes. It measures in CPU cycles so CPU speed is crucial in reporting. Posted a previous incarnation of this before, buried in the outb 0x80 thread which had a serialising problem. This one should as far as I can see measure the right thing though. Please yell if you disagree... For me, on a Duron 1300 (AMD756 chipset) I have a constant: rene@7ixe4:~/src/port80$ su -c ./port80 cycles: out 2400, in 2400 and on a PII 400 (Intel 440BX chipset) a constant: rene@6bap:~/src/port80$ su -c ./port80 cycles: out 553, in 251 Results are (mostly) independent of compiler optimisation, but testing with an -O2 compile should be most useful. Thanks! Rene.