From: Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
To: Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp>
Cc: matti.aarnio@zmailer.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Does vger.kernel.org automatically drop spams?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:03:45 -0500	[thread overview]

Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Matti Aarnio wrote:
>>> Does vger.kernel.org have spam filter and automatically drop spams?
>> Yes.  Yes.  And even worse: SILENTLY drop it.  The reason was:
>>
>>      global taboo header: m!OJFS!
>>
>> I don't recall why that was declared taboo, but it apparently bites
>> on References: headers..  Entirely unintentional, I assure you.
>
> I see. Thank you.
>
> Well, may be my address was registered as a spammer.
>
> What should I do to post my message?
>
> Should I use different From: address?
> Should I stop sending to multiple lists?

Since this was in the References header, stop replying to messages with
OFJS in the Message-Id would do it, if I read Matti's reply correctly.

Were other replies also blocked, Matti? Does the filter hit References:
but not In-Reply-To: and so apply to responses to the post found in a
newsgroup but not on the mailing list?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>