Tejun Heo wrote: > Hello, > > Daniel Lezcano wrote: >>> I think it would be great if sysfs_chmod_file can do all-or-nothing >>> instead of failing half way through but given the interface of >>> notify_change(), it could be difficult to implement. Any ideas? >> Is it acceptable to queue the notifications in a list until we are in >> the loop and loop again to notify when exiting the first loop without >> error ? > > Can you please take a look at the following patch? > > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.file-systems/24484 > > Which replaces notify_change() call to two calls to sysfs_setattr() and > fsnotify_change(). The latter never fails and the former should always > succeed if inode_change_ok() succeeds (inode_setattr() never fails > unless the size is changing), so I think the correct thing to do is... > > * Separate out sysfs_do_setattr() which doesn't do inode_change_ok() and > just sets the attributes. Making it a void function which triggers > WARN_ON() when inode_setattr() fails would be a good idea. > > * Implement sysfs_chmod_file() in similar way rename/move are > implemented - allocate all resources and check conditions and then iff > everything looks okay commit the operation by calling sysfs_do_setattr(). > > How does that sound? Does this patch looks like what you are describing ? Sauf indication contraire ci-dessus: Compagnie IBM France Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400 Courbevoie RCS Nanterre 552 118 465 Forme Sociale : S.A.S. Capital Social : 542.737.118 ? SIREN/SIRET : 552 118 465 02430