Hello, On 12/22/2009 11:02 AM, fengxiangjun wrote: > You are right, it's definitely timing related. > > I just tried capturing the failed booting message through a null modem > cable, but the problem goes away! It seems that I can't reproduce it > with serial console attached. Hmmm... this is the second report of probing failure with SIDPR based hardreset. Can you please apply the attached patch and see whether the problem is reproducible? And if so, please attach full boot log. Can you please also attach hdparm -I output of the occassionally failing drive. Thanks. -- tejun