(2011/10/24 21:20), Mark Brown wrote: > On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 09:12:42PM +0900, Tomoya MORINAGA wrote: > >> 1. PCI interface function. >> Any current ASoC drivers don't have PCI interface function. >> So I don't know where the function should be in machine driver or >> platform driver. > > It depends on what the driver is for. Probably you want a driver which > is some combination of machine driver and the various drivers that are > normally part of the SoC - whatever roles in the system are filled by > this hardware the driver ought to register subsystem drivers for those > roles. > >> 2. Register Access >> Can platform driver access register ? >> According to the soc document, platform driver must not access hardware, >> however, some drivers looks accessing their hardware. > > What makes you say this? A driver that can't access hardware would be > rather useless... > > Though roughly, we re-created 3 files codec driver, platform drive and machine driver. (Not debugged/tested) Could you check these files ? (1)codec driver ml26124.c ml26124.h (2)platform driver ml7213ioh-plat.c ml7213ioh-plat.h ioh_i2s_config.h ioh_i2s.h (3)machine driver ml7213ioh-machine.c Thanks in advance. -- tomoya ROHM Co., Ltd.