Hello, it is me again... I improved the patch, so it is now working on bases of guest's pretends. (For AMD and INTEL CPUs) If anybody needs it, I can also publish my test-VM - just ask me... On 12/29/11 11:04, Avi Kivity wrote: > The PROT32 check should be qualifed by a checking the the guest cpuid > vendor is not AMD. Otherwise a guest that was migrated from an AMD host > to an Intel host (this is what this emulation was written for in the > first place) will #UD unexpectedly. > There are strange AMDs out there, where also again legacy-mode syscalls are not available - or even syscall at all is not available. The implemented (according to doku) tests should now cover all cases. I also think I ovserved some strange behaviour according to cpuid after migration (change from Intel to AMD - see picture: http://matrixstorm.com/software/linux/kvm/20111229/cpuidmagic.jpg ) But it is possible it is "only" an qemu-kvm (0.14.1-r2) bug ... The patch I wrote is against 3.2, but I always tested with linux 3.1.7. Hopfully it solve the problems to your satisfaction this time. regards Stephan