From: Laxman Dewangan <ldewangan@nvidia.com>
To: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: "linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Regulator enable/disable delay based on board design: How to handle?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:53:34 +0530	[thread overview]

On Tuesday 14 February 2012 06:39 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> This is part of the reason why the driver_data field is present in the
> constraints - the driver can take that and use it as a pdata within
> pdata structure.  It's not terribly nice to do that but it's possible.
Ok, I was thinking that driver data is specific to machine file and
driver will pass this information to the function regulator_init() at
the time of call.
But I think it is fine to use this for driver specific data for my case.
Thanks lot for suggestion,
> A standard parameter might cause too much complexity as drivers try to
> implement it even if they don't really need to (for example, due to
> having soft control of this stuff already).

I was thinking that this will be taken care by core if board files
override the value (non-zero). So if it is zero then just ignore this
parameters otherwise take this value and ignore what driver is returning.
Hence option will be as per data sheet (what driver is returning) or as
per board designs (if some more delay is require than specified in
datasheet).

Thanks,
Laxman