From: Daniel Bristot de Oliveira <bristot@kernel.org>
To: linux-rt-users <linux-rt-users@vger.kernel.org>,
Cc: "Sebastian Andrzej Siewior" <bigeasy@linutronix.de>,
	"Peter Zijlstra" <peterz@infradead.org>,
	"Ingo Molnar" <mingo@redhat.com>,
	"Vincent Guittot" <vincent.guittot@linaro.org>,
	"Mark Brown" <broonie@kernel.org>,
	"Dietmar Eggemann" <dietmar.eggemann@arm.com>,
	"Daniel Wagner" <wagi@monom.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] CFP: Real-Time Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2021
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 13:58:33 +0200	[thread overview]

The Real-time microconference focuses on finishing the last lap of getting the
PREEMPT_RT[1] patch set into mainline. Many of these missing pieces, however,
are not at the core of real-time features (like locking, and scheduling), but
instead, on other subsystems that compose the kernel, like file systems and
memory management. Making this Linux subsystems compatible with PREEMPT_RT
requires finding a solution that is acceptable by subsystem maintainer, without
having these subsystems suffer from performance or complexity issues.

Suggested Topics:
 - New tools for PREEMPT_RT analysis [2].
 - How do we teach the rest of the kernel developers how not to break
   PREEMPT_RT?
 - Stable maintainers tools discussion & improvements: [3]
 - The usage of PREEMPT_RT on safety-critical systems: what do we need to do?
 - Make NAPI and the kernel-rt working better together [5]
 - Migrate disable and the problems that they cause on rt tasks [6]
 - It is time to discuss the "BKL"-like style of our preempt/bh/irq_disable()
   synchronization functions.
 - How do we close the documentation gap
 - The status of the merge, and how can we resolve the last issues that block
   the merge
 - Invite the developers of the areas where patches are still under discussion
   to help to find an agreement
 - How can we improve the testing of the -rt, to follow the problems raised as
   Linus tree advances?
 - What’s next?

If you are interested in participating in this microconference and have topics
to propose, please use the LPC CfP process, and select "Real-time MC" for the
"Track". More topics will be added based on CfP for LPC microconference.

MC leads:
 - Daniel Bristot de Oliveira <bristot@redhat.com>
 - Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>
 - Clark Williams <williams@redhat.com>