From: Ray Olszewski <ray@comarre.com>
To: <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: reading links in proc - permission denied
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:10:12 -0700	[thread overview]

I am unclear what purpose the long rant about "[p]erfect capitalistic
system" handling of software bugs has to do with an operating system and
applications that most of  get for free, so I'll skip that part.

What governs access to a file is ownership and permissions on the file
itself, not on symlinks to it (which are customarily lrwxrwxrwx on Linux
filesystems). This is not mysterious. It's just old-hat Unix.

At 01:55 PM 6/14/2003 -0700, linda w. wrote:

> [...]
[rest deleted]