From: Max Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Cc: davem@redhat.com, acme@conectiva.com.br
Subject: [BK ChangeSet@1.1118.1.1] new module infrastructure for net_proto_family
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:13:37 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Folks,

Can somebody (DaveM perhaps) please explain to me what the hell the following
changset is doing in 2.5.68
        http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/cset@1.1118.1.1?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-7d
??

I've spent quite a bit of time looking into what's needed to fix socket module refcounting
issues and convicting DaveM and Alex that we need to fix them.
Here is the original thread
        http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=104308300808557&w=2

My patch was rejected without giving any technical explanation. I was waiting for Rusty's
__module_get() patch to get in, to release a new patch which addresses some issues that
came up during discussion.
Next thing you know, incomplete patch (changeset mentioned above) shows up in the BK and
2.5.68. Without even a simple note on the lkm. And completely ignoring discussion that
we had about this very issue just a few weeks ago.

I don't mind of course if some other (better) patch is accepted instead of mine. But patch
that went in is incomplete and buggy. It doesn't handle accept case properly and doesn't
address the issue of the 'struct sock' ownership (read original thread for more details).

Thanks

Max

http://bluez.sf.net
http://vtun.sf.net