At 05:21 AM 5/1/2003 +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote: >At 12:11 PM 4/30/2003 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote: >>Maciej Soltysiak wrote: >> > >> > >> > Also there is one issue, i am not sure if this may be a kernel issue, >> > but with setiathome running in a X desktop environment all apps work fine, >> > but when i run openoffice, openoffice responds with 5 second delay. >> >>That'll be the changed sched_yield() semantics. >> >>The below patch should fix that up, but we need to decide whether the (rather >>unclear) advantages of the sched_yield() change outweigh the breakage which >>it caused linuxthreads applications. Anyway, attached is a patchlet that works for me if anyone wants to try it. I removed printk's, and whatnot but it'll have some offsets because of other butchery in my X-para-mental tree ;-) -Mike