Am 05.08.2012 10:23, schrieb Shmulik Ladkani: > On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 19:45:38 +0200 Richard Weinberger wrote: >> Okay, then let's explicitly reserve a few PEBs for fastmap. >> This should be very easy task. > > Need to consider what's expected when migrating from a former non-FM > UBI system to an FM enabled system, in the case where all PEBs where > consumed (reserved) in the former system. If no PEBs are available no fastmap can be installed. *Maybe* we can steal some PEBs which reserved for bad block handling. >> How much PEB should be reserved? 2 x sizeof(fastmap)? > > Since FM does not use EBA's atomic LEB change when writing the new > fastmap, but instead implements its own FM "leb change" internally - > then reserving 2x is needed if we'd like to avoid reusing the same > fastmap PEB. Yep. Thanks, //richard