Dear all: I have 2.5.75 at home and it works great. Now Im trying to run it at work. After booting it for the first time, I got this message: VFS: cannot open root device "302" or unknown block (3,2) (my root partition is /dev/hda2, ext3, worked great with debian's 2.4.20-386) So, I thougt that I could debug it with an initrd and build one with mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-2.5.75 /lib/modules/2.5.75 I configured lilo to use that initrd initrd=/boot/initrd-2.5.75 and booted again. Now I got: couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0 The initrd image I built looks like a valid "Compressed ROMFS" (this is cramfs, right?) as I can mount it via loop device. What am I doing wrong? Im not specially intrested in using the initrd, I just wanted to boot on /dev/hda2 :). I would love if somebody could point me how to fix the root device or the initrd thing . Im attaching my .config thanks in advance