* need help on development of linux kernel
       [not found] <377703089.3951.1346238221003.JavaMail.root@mailstore2.iitkgp.ac.in>
@ 2012-08-30  4:15 ` Sachin Agarwalla
From: Sachin Agarwalla @ 2012-08-30  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Dear Sir/Madam,
  I have some questions on development of linux kernel as follows:-
1.I want to know the location of files in linux kernel source code that contains timer initialization and scheduler part.
2.Also I want to know location of header files(or library files) that are present in the above files.
3.Is there any version of linux kernel that uses openmp or inteltbb or parallelc tool.
I have downloaded linux kernel source code and search in that also search in net but could not find out.
thanking you,
waiting for your reply,
yours faithfully,
sachinagarwalla

* Re: need help on development of linux kernel
@ 2012-08-30  8:32   ` anish singh
From: anish singh @ 2012-08-30  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sachin Agarwalla; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Sachin Agarwalla
<sachin.agarwalla@cse.iitkgp.ernet.in> wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>   I have some questions on development of linux kernel as follows:-
> 1.I want to know the location of files in linux kernel source code that contains timer initialization and scheduler part.
Documentation/timers
Documentation/Schedulers

@ 2012-09-04  6:59   ` Cong Wang
From: Cong Wang @ 2012-09-04  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sachin Agarwalla; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 08/30/2012 12:15 PM, Sachin Agarwalla wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>    I have some questions on development of linux kernel as follows:-
> 1.I want to know the location of files in linux kernel source code that contains timer initialization and scheduler part.

Scheduler source code is in kernel/sched/* files.

> 2.Also I want to know location of header files(or library files) that are present in the above files.

include/linux/sched.h

> 3.Is there any version of linux kernel that uses openmp or inteltbb or parallelc tool.

No, kernel doesn't use any libraries including libc.

* Re: need help on development of linux kernel
@ 2012-09-04  9:10     ` Sachin Agarwalla
From: Sachin Agarwalla @ 2012-09-04  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cong Wang; +Cc: linux-kernel

Dear Sir/Madam,
 Thank you for your support.I want to know is the linux kernel cpu scheduling part optimized for scalable multi core architecture.If not then what are the scope if improvements?Can you help me?

thanking you,
waiting for your reply,
yours faithfully,
sachinagarwalla