On 01/03/13 09:36, Sven Joachim wrote: > Historically it seems to be an accident, and the ncurses{w,5}-config > scripts should have better been shipped in their development packages. > But nowadays we want to make the development packages multiarch-aware, > and since the scripts differ on architectures, moving them away from > ncurses-bin would mean adding two additional binary packages just for > these scripts. > > See http://bugs.debian.org/480437 for a discussion on that topic. > I just tested on an ubuntu installation what happens with the patches applied; you simply end up with the warning the you need to install the dev package. So I don't see any problem here. > Well, at least until nconf does not make any effort to explicitly detect > and use the wide API, trying ncurses5-config first should work. If you > build ncurses yourself with --enable-widec, there is no -lmenu or -lpanel > anyway, these libraries are called menuw and panelw then. You are right, we only should consider ncurses5-config right now. Regards, Justin