From: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
To: Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren@i2se.com>,
	Stefan Wahren <wahrenst@gmx.net>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>,
	Nicolas Saenz Julienne <nsaenzjulienne@suse.de>
Subject: Re: BCM2835 maintainership
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 09:42:21 -0800	[thread overview]

On 11/21/19 1:56 AM, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> Am 20.11.19 um 22:54 schrieb Florian Fainelli:
>> On 11/20/19 3:38 AM, Stefan Wahren wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i need to announce that i step back as BCM2835 maintainer with the end
>>> of this year. Maintainership was a fun ride, but at the end i noticed
>>> that it needed more time for doing it properly than my available spare time.
>>>
>>> Nicolas Saenz Julienne is pleased be my successor and i wish him all the
>>> best on his way.
>>>
>>> Finally i want to thank all the countless contributors and maintainers
>>> for helping to integrate the Raspberry Pi into the mainline Kernel.
>> Thanks Stefan, it has been great working with you on BCM2835
>> maintenance. Do you mind making this statement official with a
>> MAINTAINERS file update?
>
> Sure, but first we should define the future BCM2835 git repo. I like to
> hear Eric's opinion about that, since he didn't step back.

How about we move out of github.com/Broadcom/stblinux as well as Eric's
tree and get a group maintained repository on kernel.org, something like
kernel/git/broadcom/linux.git?

Then we can continue the existing processe whereby BCM2835 gets pulled
into other Broadcom SoC pull requests.

How does that sound?
--
Florian