On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:53:54 -0800 (PST), Linus Torvalds wrote: > Ok, I don't remember the context from the Wine lists (and it's not clear > from the older emails I was cc'd on), so the "#3 signal.c" change > description is a bit too vague. Jesse, willing to just point to the exact > diff that you need to make Warcraft work for you (and then maybe Thomas > Sailer can verify whether that part is indeed the one that causes him > problems). I have attached the diff attached in this message for the lkml. > > The code in question now does > > /* > * Iff TF was set because the program is being single-stepped by a > * debugger, don't save that information on the signal stack.. We > * don't want debugging to change state. > */ > eflags = regs->eflags; > if (current->ptrace & PT_DTRACE) > eflags &= ~TF_MASK; > err |= __put_user(eflags, &sc->eflags); > > and I guess it originally never cleared it. True? Yes. > > So does removing the conditional TF clear make everything work again? > Yes, as long as TIF_SINGLESTEP is not set in set_singlestep(). set_singlestep also sets PT_DTRACE, so as it now is, a call to the set_singlestep function will make this condition true clearing TF when run. So both the conditional TF clear and setting TIF_SINGLESTEP needs to be removed, like I show in the diff. Making these changes returns the code to a 2.6.8-ish resemblence. For the wine people, I will try to upload the seh debug channel logs as soon as possible. Jesse