* Hyperthreading Xeons Support - 2.4 Kernel - Patch Anyone?
@ 2003-12-04 21:52 Russell "Elik" Rademacher
From: Russell "Elik" Rademacher @ 2003-12-04 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello folks,

    I been wondering what the position on the developers on the hyperthreading on 2.4.x series kernels? I know it is fully supported in 2.6.x series, but it used to be supported on 2.4.20 and below and now it disappeared on 2.4.21 to 2.4.23 as far reporting the hyperthreaded Xeons processors.  If there is a patch for this that enables it and support it, I would appreciate it so I can get this back on the kernel and have it running.

    Lot of my clients are complaining about it saying they spents $$$$ for Xeons processors and linux 2.4.x don't support it anymore or don't report the number of processors properly anymore.  I for one want to shut them up. :)
--
Best regards,
Russell "Elik" Rademacher

* Re: Hyperthreading Xeons Support - 2.4 Kernel - Patch Anyone?
@ 2003-12-04 22:02 ` Zwane Mwaikambo
From: Zwane Mwaikambo @ 2003-12-04 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell "Elik" Rademacher; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Russell "Elik" Rademacher wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
>     I been wondering what the position on the developers on the hyperthreading on 2.4.x series kernels? I know it is fully supported in 2.6.x series, but it used to be supported on 2.4.20 and below and now it disappeared on 2.4.21 to 2.4.23 as far reporting the hyperthreaded Xeons processors.  If there is a patch for this that enables it and support it, I would appreciate it so I can get this back on the kernel and have it running.
>
>     Lot of my clients are complaining about it saying they spents $$$$ for Xeons processors and linux 2.4.x don't support it anymore or don't report the number of processors properly anymore.  I for one want to shut them up. :)

Turn on ACPI