Andrew, hopefully this'll give you a cleaner integration point to do the HT scheduler stuff ... I basically did a rename of "node" to "pool" on sched.c (OK, it was a little more complex than that), and provided some hooks for you to attatch to. There's a really hacky version of the HT stuff in there that I doubt works at all. (sched.h will need something other than CONFIG_SCHED_NUMA, for starters). It's not really finished, but I have to go out ... I thought you or someone else might like to have a play with it in the meantime. Goes on top of the second half of Ingo's stuff from yesterday (also attatched). I think this should result in a much cleaner integration between the HT aware stuff and the NUMA stuff. Pools is a concept Erich had in his scheduler a while back, but it got set aside in the paring down for integration. We should be able to add multiple levels to this fairly easily, at some point (eg HT + NUMA), but let's get the basics working first ;-) M.