On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:03:59 +0200, richard -rw- weinberger said: > On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM, KY Srinivasan wrote: > > Thank you for your interest in fixing this problem. When we decide to change this > > ID, we will conform to the MSFT guidelines on constructing this guest ID. > > > > I'm wondering why it hasn't been conform to the MSFT guidelines from > the very beginning on? It's a lot easier to sneak something cute into code when it isn't maintained in git repositories and mailing lists readable by everybody and their pet llama. I'll admit to not doing a *lot* of extensive review, but I try to at least read Kconfig patches (mostly out of self-defense so when I do a 'make oldconfig' I get presented with something useful ;) - and it's amazing how often I spot issues in stuff that's presumably already had several pair of eyeballs look at it already. Probably what happened - some programmer had a 60 hour week, wrote the code on a Friday and had a sudden attack of the sillies, and it went through a code review meeting, but they had to cover 800 lines of code in a one-hour meeting so nobody looked *too* close...