* Re: Buddy System bitmaps
@ 2001-06-15  5:14 alad
From: alad @ 2001-06-15  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramil.Santamaria; +Cc: linux-kernel

well... I doubt whether buddy allocator would take u to a situation where pages
0 and 2 are used and 1 and 3 are free...
try reading __get_free_pages in mm/page_alloc.c

Ramil.Santamaria@tais.toshiba.com on 06/15/2001 12:39:20 AM

To:   linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
cc:    (bcc: Amol Lad/HSS)

Subject:  Buddy System bitmaps

Hi,

For this scenario consider a set of 4 page frames.
Frames 0 and 2 are used while frames 1 and 3 are free.

The question is would the bitmap for order 1 be a 1 or 0 for this scenario.

I am not on the list so please cc me on your response.

Thanks in advance.

Ramil J.Santamaria
Toshiba America Information Systems
(949) 461-4379