From: "Zengtao (B)" <prime.zeng@hisilicon.com>
To: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Cc: "perex@perex.cz" <perex@perex.cz>,
	"tiwai@suse.com" <tiwai@suse.com>,
	"alsa-devel@alsa-project.org" <alsa-devel@alsa-project.org>,
	"linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [alsa-devel] Timeout issues in wait_for_avail function
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 07:43:10 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Takashi:

Thank you for your reply.

It really happens on my platform, and anyway 10 seconds timeout seems
not a reasonable value. And I don't there is any guarantee that there must be avail
data when we reach wait_for_avail, in fact, inside the wait_for_avail, there is branch
when no data is available.

>You can check the tracepoints to see the action of PCM stream, and confirm
>whether it's really no data, or it's just lost by some reason (or looks as if so).

I trace the data flow, we reach the wait_for_avail function before the usb snd data arrives,
so we wait until 10 seconds timeout.

>Takashi

Regards
Zengtao