On 28.09.22 18:12, Borislav Petkov wrote: > On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 03:43:56PM +0200, Juergen Gross wrote: >> Would you feel better with adding a new enum member CPUHP_AP_CACHECTRL_ONLINE? >> >> This would avoid a possible source of failure during resume in case no slot >> for CPUHP_AP_ONLINE_DYN is found (quite improbable, but in theory possible). > > Let's keep that in the bag for the time when we get to cross that bridge. > >> You wouldn't want to do that there, as there are multiple places where >> pm_sleep_enable_secondary_cpus() is being called. > > We want all of them, I'd say. They're all some sort of suspend AFAICT. > But yes, if we get to do it, that would need a proper audit. > >> Additionally not all cases are coming in via >> pm_sleep_enable_secondary_cpus(), as there is e.g. a call of >> suspend_enable_secondary_cpus() from kernel_kexec(), which wants to >> have the same handling. > > Which means, more hairy. > >> arch_thaw_secondary_cpus_begin() and arch_thaw_secondary_cpus_end() are >> the functions to mark start and end of the special region where the >> delayed MTRR setup should happen. > > Yap, it seems like the best solution at the moment. Want me to do a > proper patch and test it on real hw? I can do that. Juergen