On 22.09.21 12:16, Jan Beulich wrote: > Osstest has been suffering test failures for a little while from order-4 > allocation failures, resulting from alloc_empty_pages() calling > kcalloc(). As there's no need for physically contiguous space here, > switch to kvcalloc(). > > Signed-off-by: Jan Beulich Reviewed-by: Juergen Gross > --- > RFC: I cannot really test this, as alloc_empty_pages() only gets used in > the auto-translated case (i.e. on Arm or PVH Dom0, the latter of > which I'm not trusting enough yet to actually start playing with > guests). > > There are quite a few more kcalloc() where it's not immediately clear > how large the element counts could possibly grow nor whether it would be > fine to replace them (i.e. physically contiguous space not required). I don't think those are an issue. Per default the sizes seem to be well below a single page. > I wasn't sure whether to Cc stable@ here; the issue certainly has been > present for quite some time. But it didn't look to cause issues until > recently. I'd rather add it to stable. Its not as if the patch had a high complexity. Juergen