On 28.09.22 01:16, Borislav Petkov wrote: > On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 02:21:17PM +0200, Juergen Gross wrote: >> So replacing the bool with "(system_state != SYSTEM_RUNNING)" is fine >> with you right now? We can later switch that to the "more elegant" >> solution when it shows up. > > Ok, I think I have something. And it was staring me straight in the > face but I didn't see it: the MTRR code needs a hotplug notifier. In > that notifier it can do the immediate, i.e., non-delayed init while the > delayed init becomes the default, see below. > > And ignore the pr_info debugging gunk pls. > > mtrr_ap_init() becomes the notifier callback. It doesn't need to be > called in identify_secondary_cpu() anymore as in the init case that > function doesn't do anything - delayed=true - and in the hotplug case > the notifier runs. Are sure the hotplug notifier doesn't get called in the boot and in the resume cases? I don't see how those calls are being not done or resulting in not doing anything. Juergen