On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 14:20:32 -0700, Linus Torvalds said: > I guess some "concurrent readdir with unlink" load would show that > behavior, but is it _realistic_? No idea. Let's not worry about it too > much until somebody shows a reason to worry. I've seen Makefiles where 'make clean' does a 'find . -name "*.o" | xargs rm'. But if somebody is doing that often enough against cache-cold directory trees to matter, they have bigger problems (like learning how to properly develop code using 'make'). So unless performance is *so* bad it triggers the lockup detector, it's probably OK....