On 2018-06-08 10:09, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote: > +/* > + * Writing the LE hash MSRs is extraordinarily expensive, e.g. > + * 3-4x slower than normal MSRs, so we use a per-cpu cache to > + * track the last known value of the MSRs to avoid unnecessarily > + * writing the MSRs with the current value. Because most Linux > + * kernels will use an LE that is signed with a non-Intel key, I don't think you can predict what most Linux kernels will be doing. I think not initializing the cache to the CPU's initial value is fine, but this particular argument shouldn't appear in the rationale. > + * i.e. the first EINIT will need to write the MSRs regardless > + * of the cache, the cache is intentionally left uninitialized > + * during boot as initializing the cache would be pure overhead > + * for the majority of systems. Furthermore, the MSRs are per-cpu > + * and the boot-time values aren't guaranteed to be identical > + * across cpus, so we'd have to run code all all cpus to properly > + * init the cache. All in all, the complexity and overhead of > + * initializing the cache is not justified. > + */ > +static DEFINE_PER_CPU(u64 [4], sgx_le_pubkey_hash_cache); -- Jethro Beekman | Fortanix