On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 16:22:38 -0700, "H. Peter Anvin" said: > On 04/09/2012 03:24 PM, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote: > >> > >> Having re-read most of the (enormous) email discussion on the kcmp() > >> syscall patch, I'm thinking: > >> > >> - Nobody seems to understand the obfuscation logic. Jon sounded > >> confused, Oleg sounds confused and it's rather unclear what it does, > >> how it does it and why it does it. > > > > The obfuscation logic was done with great help from hpa@. And the main > > idea was to have ordered results after obfuscation. Per-type noise increase > > randomization of results. So Andrew, I actually dont know what to add > > here. We don't want to provide kernel order back to user-space in > > naked manner. > > > > The obfuscation logic is to provide a 1:1 mapping but which doesn't > preserve ordering, thereby avoid leaking information of kernel pointers > to user space. Oh, OK... Ignore my previous note then. But we should lose the comment that implies we have an ordering?