On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:58:23 AM CET Steinar H. Gunderson wrote: > On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 08:53:33AM +0800, Jin, Yao wrote: > > I just pull my repo with the latest perf/core branch, and apply the patch > > one by one (git am 0001/0002/.../0005), they can be applied. Maybe you > > have > > to do like that because the mails are probably coming out of order. > > OK. I applied everything on top of the branch you suggested, and now it's > compiling. But seemingly I don't have too much success; on a quick check > (perf record -p -g, perf report --inline) I don't get anything marked > as (inline), but I get these warnings: Just to check - did you really compile your code with frame pointers? By default, that is not the case, and the above will try to do frame pointer unwinding which will then fail. Put differently - do you any stack frames at all? Can you try `perf record --call-graph dwarf` instead? Of course, make sure you compile your code with `-g -O2` or similar. -- Milian Wolff | milian.wolff@kdab.com | Software Engineer KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH&Co KG, a KDAB Group company Tel: +49-30-521325470 KDAB - The Qt Experts