Trond Myklebust writes: > >>>>> " " == Philippe Troin writes: > > > From my reading of the patch, it supersedes the old patch, and > > is only > > necessary on the client. Is also does not compile :-) > > Yeah, I admit I didn't test it out... > > > Here's an updated patch which does compile. > > Thanks. > > > I am still running tests, but so far it looks good (that is all > > locks are freed when a process with locks running on a NFS > > client is killed). > > Good... I've ran test overnight on four boxen, and no locks were lost. I guess you can send this patch to Marcello now. I've tested with the enclosed program. > There are still 2 other issues with the generic POSIX locking code. > Both issues have to do with CLONE_VM and have been raised on > linux-kernel & linux-fsdevel. Unfortunately they met with no response, > so I'm unable to pursue... Can we help? Pointers? Phil.