Eric Anholt writes: > I was going to start working on making the vc4 driver work with > tinydrm panels, but it turned out tinydrm didn't have the panel I had > previously bought. So, last night I ported the fbtft staging > driver over to DRM. > > It seems to work (with DT at > https://github.com/anholt/linux/commits/drm-misc-next-hx8357d) -- > fbdev works great including rotated, and so does modetest. However, > when X11 comes up at 16bpp, I get: > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/8tuhzPFFoDGamEfk8 > > If I have tinydrm set a preferred bpp of 24, X looks great. Noralf, > any ideas? Also, with these patches and the format modifier patch I just sent, mesa with vc4 is now working with this driver on this branch: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/anholt/mesa/commits/kmsro Now I wonder how we can improve performance of the SPI updates.