From: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
To: Hiroshi Miura <miura@da-cha.org>
Cc: ndiamond@wta.att.ne.jp, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	vojtech@suse.cz, junkio@cox.net
Subject: Re: Japanese keyboards broken in 2.6
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:26:31 +0900	[thread overview]

Hiroshi Miura <miura@da-cha.org> writes:

> I can use Japanese keyboard.
> I DO recompile console-tools with header file in linux-2.5/2.6.
> Because of NR_KEYS change, as Ogawa-san said,
> in 2.4 NR_KEYS=128, in 2.6 NR_KEYS= 0x200
>
> When recompile, some tools fails compile on linux-2.6,
> but 'loadkeys' compiles nicely.
>
> Instantly, user can set new keymap to use a recompiled loadkey command.
>
> BTW, Ogawa-san's patch is needed?

For example, in loadkeys.y

	      if ((keymap_was_set[i])[j])
		{
		  ke.kb_index = j;
		  ke.kb_table = i;
		  ke.kb_value = (key_map[i])[j];

ke.kb_index overflowed. Likewise dumpkeys has same problem.
And debian using in init.d/console-screen.sh,

       dumpkeys < ${DEVICE_PREFIX}1 |sed -f /etc/console-tools/remap |loadkeys

Important part of my patch is the following. Other part was for
backward compatible.

+struct kbentry {
+	unsigned int kb_table;
+	unsigned int kb_index;