* [REPORT][next] pinctrl: pinctrl-microchip-sgpio: out-of-bounds bug in sgpio_clrsetbits()
@ 2021-02-02 11:34 Gustavo A. R. Silva
From: Gustavo A. R. Silva @ 2021-02-02 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Povlsen, Steen Hegelund, UNGLinuxDriver, Linus Walleij
  Cc: linux-arm-kernel, linux-gpio, linux-kernel, linux-hardening

Hi,

While addressing some out-of-bounds warnings, I found the following bug:

drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-microchip-sgpio.c:154:57: warning: array subscript 10 is above array bounds of ‘const u8[10]’ {aka ‘const unsigned char[10]’} [-Warray-bounds]

The bug was introduced by commit be2dc859abd4 ("pinctrl: pinctrl-microchip-sgpio: Add irq support (for sparx5)"):

575         sgpio_clrsetbits(bank->priv, REG_INT_TRIGGER + SGPIO_MAX_BITS, addr.bit,
576                          BIT(addr.port), (!!(type & 0x2)) << addr.port);

REG_INT_TRIGGER + SGPIO_MAX_BITS turns out to be 10, which is outside the boundaries
of priv->properties->regoff[] at line 154:

151 static inline void sgpio_clrsetbits(struct sgpio_priv *priv,
152                                     u32 rno, u32 off, u32 clear, u32 set)
153 {
154         u32 __iomem *reg = &priv->regs[priv->properties->regoff[rno] + off];
155         u32 val = readl(reg);
156
157         val &= ~clear;
158         val |= set;
159
160         writel(val, reg);
161 }

because priv->properties->regoff[] is an array of MAXREG elements, with MAXREG
representing the value of 10 in the following enum:

 28 enum {
 29         REG_INPUT_DATA,
 30         REG_PORT_CONFIG,
 31         REG_PORT_ENABLE,
 32         REG_SIO_CONFIG,
 33         REG_SIO_CLOCK,
 34         REG_INT_POLARITY,
 35         REG_INT_TRIGGER,
 36         REG_INT_ACK,
 37         REG_INT_ENABLE,
 38         REG_INT_IDENT,
 39         MAXREG
 40 };

 52 struct sgpio_properties {
 53         int arch;
 54         int flags;
 55         u8 regoff[MAXREG];
 56 };

Thanks
--
Gustavo

* Re: [REPORT][next] pinctrl: pinctrl-microchip-sgpio: out-of-bounds bug in sgpio_clrsetbits()
@ 2021-02-03 12:00 ` Lars Povlsen
From: Lars Povlsen @ 2021-02-03 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo A. R. Silva
  Cc: Lars Povlsen, Steen Hegelund, UNGLinuxDriver, Linus Walleij,
	linux-arm-kernel, linux-gpio, linux-kernel, linux-hardening

Gustavo A. R. Silva writes:

> Hi,
>
> While addressing some out-of-bounds warnings, I found the following bug:
>
> drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-microchip-sgpio.c:154:57: warning: array subscript 10 is above array bounds of ‘const u8[10]’ {aka ‘const unsigned char[10]’} [-Warray-bounds]
>
> The bug was introduced by commit be2dc859abd4 ("pinctrl: pinctrl-microchip-sgpio: Add irq support (for sparx5)"):
>
> 575         sgpio_clrsetbits(bank->priv, REG_INT_TRIGGER + SGPIO_MAX_BITS, addr.bit,
> 576                          BIT(addr.port), (!!(type & 0x2)) << addr.port);
>
> REG_INT_TRIGGER + SGPIO_MAX_BITS turns out to be 10, which is outside the boundaries
> of priv->properties->regoff[] at line 154:

Hi Gustavo!

Thanks for spotting this - the "+" is misplaced. I will submit a patch
asap.

Cheers,

---Lars

--