On Wed, Sep 14 2016, Mark Brown wrote: > TI do a lot of the more software managed chargers (which I suspect are > the main thing Felipe will have looked at) if that's what you're > referring to here? The device is implementing pretty much the algorithm > you're describing in that e-mail so I'm a bit confused as to what you're > saying here. Ah.... my mistake, sorry. When earlier you said: > It's a > current limiter intended to sit in line with the USB power lines to > ensure the system doesn't go over the maximum current draw (and also > integrates with the power source selection logic the chip has to pick > the best available power source for the system). I assumed that all it did was limit the current to number given. If it also limits the current to ensure that voltage doesn't drop unduly, then I agree with your assertion that it just needs to be told the upper limit. I hope you'll agree that other drivers might need to know the lower limit, so reporting both to all drivers is sensible. Thanks, NeilBrown