Hi Baolin, Baolin Wang writes: > [ text/plain ] > Currently the Linux kernel does not provide any standard integration of this > feature that integrates the USB subsystem with the system power regulation > provided by PMICs meaning that either vendors must add this in their kernels > or USB gadget devices based on Linux (such as mobile phones) may not behave > as they should. Thus provide a standard framework for doing this in kernel. > > Now introduce one user with wm831x_power to support and test the usb charger, > which is pending testing. Moreover there may be other potential users will use > it in future. > > Changes since v5: > - Remove the notifier chain things from the gadget and introduce one callback > function to report to the usb charger when the gadget state is changed. > - Flesh out the port type detection which combines the USB negotiation and > PMICs detection. > - Supply the notification mechanism to userspace when charger state is changed. > - Integrate with the vbus staff in the gadget API. > - Spilt up the functionality for userspace with one file per USB charger type. > - Rebase on "4.5-rc4". > > Baolin Wang (4): > gadget: Introduce the usb charger framework > gadget: Support for the usb charger framework > gadget: Integrate with the usb gadget supporting for usb charger > power: wm831x_power: Support USB charger current limit management Thank you for resending this. I'll review it ASAP (probably tomorrow when I get to the office. If I have time, still today) -- balbi