From: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
To: Phillip Potter <phil@philpotter.co.uk>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Wanted: CDROM maintainer
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 08:09:25 -0600	[thread overview]

On 8/27/21 5:56 PM, Phillip Potter wrote:
> Dear Jens,
>
> Thought I'd reply publicly given the spirit of the mailing lists, hope this
> is OK.
>
> Whilst I haven't worked on this area of the kernel, I would certainly like
> to register my interest. Many thanks.

Why don't we give it a try, then? Here's what I propose:

1) Send a patch that updates MAINTAINERS for the uniform cdrom driver to
   yourself

2) Just send pull requests for changes through me, so I can keep an eye
   on it at least initially

I'll send in a patch to update the SCSI cdrom to just fall under SCSI,
probably just removing that entry as that should then happen by default.

--
Jens Axboe